Melissa de la Cruz (born September 7, 1971) is an American author, particularly known for her work in young-adult fiction. Her most famous works include the Au Pair series of novels and the Blue Bloods series. She now divides her time between New York and Los Angeles, where she lives in the Hollywood Hills with her husband Michael Johnston and daughter.
Melissa de la Cruz is the New York Times and USA Today best-selling author of many critically acclaimed and award-winning novels for teens including The Au Pairs series, the Blue Bloods series, the Ashleys series, the Angels on Sunset Boulevard series and the semi-autobiographical novel Fresh off the Boat.
Her books for adults include the novel Cat’s Meow, the anthology Girls Who Like Boys Who Like Boys and the tongue-in-chic handbooks How to Become Famous in Two Weeks or Less and The Fashionista Files: Adventures in Four-inch heels and Faux-Pas. She has also worked as a fashion and beauty editor and has written for many publications including The New York Times, Marie Claire, Harper’s Bazaar, Glamour, Cosmopolitan, Allure, The San Francisco Chronicle, McSweeney’s, Teen Vogue, CosmoGirl! and Seventeen. She has also appeared as an expert on fashion, trends and fame for CNN, E! and FoxNews.
Nowadays, she cheiefly writes young adult novels, being the main author of two series set in the same universe, Blue Bloods (along the spin-off novel, Wolf Pact) and the Beauchamp Family, and co-author with her husband of a brand new series, The Other Land Chronicles, coming September 2013. She is also working on a new series, called The Court of the Last Princess (announced for Winter 2014).
The Au PairsEdit
- The Au Pairs (2004)
- Skinny Dipping (2005)
- Sun-Kissed (2006)
- Crazy Hot (2007)
- The Ashleys: There's a New Name in School (2008)
- The Ashleys: Jealous? You Know You Are (2008)
- The Ashleys: Birthday Vicious (2008)
- The Ashleys: Lipgloss Jungle (2008)
Blue Bloods Edit
- Blue Bloods (2007)
- Masquerade (2007)
- Revelations (2008)
- The Van Alen Legacy (2009)
- Keys to the Repository - companion book (2010)
- Misguided Angel (2010)
- Bloody Valentine - novella (2010)
- Lost in Time (2011)
- Wolf Pact - spin-off novel (2012)
- Gates of Paradise (2013)
Other Land ChroniclesEdit
- Frozen (2013)
Court of the Last PrincessEdit
- First novel - TBA (2014)
- Cat's Meow (2001)
- How to Become Famous in Two Weeks or Less (co-author) (2003)
- The Fashionista Files: Adventures in Four-Inch Heels and Faux Pas (2004)
- Fresh off the Boat (2005)
- Mistletoe (contributing author) (2006)
- Angels on Sunset Boulevard (2007)
- 21 Proms (2007)
- Girls Who Like Boys Who Like Boys (contributing author) (2007)
- Girl Stays in the Picture (2009)
- De la Cruz is her maiden name ; despite the fact she got married with her husband in 2002, she kept it as her professional name.
- Despite being the main author credited on all her main young adult series, she revealed her husband always helped her with those.